Wild Carrot Seed Hydrosol
Regular price $18.00
Wild Carrot Seed aka Queen Anne's Lace (Daucus carota) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass spray bottle.
I've slow distilled the seeds of wild carrot, also known as Queen Anne's lace, to create a water that is earthy, woody, and warm, yet surprisingly clean and sweet-scented.
The scent is so unexpected and unique!
Wild carrot seed oil is a beloved skin care ingredient esteemed for its ability to sooth and replenish dry and inflammatory conditions such as rashes, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis. Also great for dry, mature skin and bringing relief to dry, indoor winter air.
* Wild carrot seed is considered a uterine stimulant and should not to be used during pregnancy or if you are trying to get pregnant. While this advise is directed toward internal use, I believe in respecting the power of plants even when it comes to topical application.
How to Use
- As a face, neck, or all-over-body skin tonic and gentle toner. Saturate the skin to hydrate dry, dull, or inflamed skin. As part of a regular skin care routine, apply after washing your face and before moisturizing.
- As an aftershave or aftercare for razor burn.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball to use a makeup remover and cleanser.
- Mixed with water in a facial steam.
- As a room spray or in a diffuser.
100% Wild Carrot Seed (Daucus carota) hydrosol. The seed tops used to create this hydrosol were grown using moreganic methods (no sprays whatsoever) in my garden in Ontario, Canada.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.