White Cedar Hydrosol
Eastern White Cedar (Thuja occidentalis) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass or plastic* spray bottle.
Like an invigorating walk through the forest! I've distilled the best leaves of this beloved, Eastern North American native conifer to make a powerful hydrosol that is stimulating, earthy, and freshly scented. This is by far the most intense hydrosol I make, and unless you are experienced with the properties of this plant, I recommend using it as a room and linen spray only, not a topical. In fact, it is commonly used in place of burning cedar bundles by those who are sensitive to smoke.
How to Use
- As a room freshener either sprayed or added to a diffuser. Due to its intensity, a little goes a long way. Add some distilled water to thin it out as it could gum up some diffusers when used straight up. Do not spray directly onto face.
- As a linen spray to repel moths and other insects.
- As a smokeless replacement for burning cedar bundles.
100% Eastern White Cedar (Thuja occidentalis) hydrosol. The fresh cedar leaf used to produced this hydrosol was wildcrafted from a safe and ethical source here in Ontario, Canada.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.