Regular price $12.00 USD
Honeysuckle (Lonicera japonica) Hydrosol
- 1 fl oz in blue glass or plastic* spray bottle.
Imagine the heady scent of honeysuckle drifting in on a warm summer night's breeze. This is special stuff! Legions of uber sweet and fragrant honeysuckle blossoms were hand-plucked at their peak and painstakingly removed of all leaves and green parts (by my hand) to produce a small quantity of floral skin tonic that is anti-bacterial, antiseptic, highly anti-inflammatory and full of antioxidants to boot!
Mist this vibrant and soothing hydrosol anywhere on the face or body where there are blemishes, rashes, burns, and other irritatable skin issues.
How to Use
- As a healing, soothing skin tonic and gentle toner on inflamed skin. Apply as needed anytime through the day. As part of a regular skin care routine, apply after washing your face and and allow to absorb before moisturizing.
- As an antiseptic spray on cuts and scrapes.
- As an aftershave to reduce inflammation.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball or pad to use a makeup remover and cleanser.
- Added to heated water as a facial steam.
- Like other hydrosols it can be used as a room or linen spray, but I think it is too special for that.
100% Honeysuckle (Lonicera japonica) hydrosol made with only fresh flowers grown organically (without any sprays whatsoever) in my garden. All green parts were painstakingly removed by my hand and legions of flowers were used to produce the smallest jar of fresh hydrosol. Flowers are grown organically (without any sprays whatsoever) in my garden.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.