Peony Skin Tonic
Regular price $12.00 USD
Peony Skin Tonic
- 1 fl oz in glass or plastic* spray bottle.
For those who prefer subtle fragrance*, this trinity of hydrosols is delicate and genteel, particularly suited to sensitive, irritable skin.
Regarded for it anti-inflammatory and skin regenerative properties, peony petals bring a quality that is soft and soothing. Lilac blossom is a mild, gentle astringent. I've used just the petals and none of the stronger green parts. Delicious rose geranium is great for all skin types: hydrating and toning, with a light rose scent.
Like my honeysuckle hydrosol, this blend is extra special. I hand-plucked all green parts of the peony and lilac flowers -- only their petals went into the still. As a result, a very large quantity of petals were used to produce a very small amount of hydrosol.
I really love this one fresh out of the fridge.
- Please note that while fragrance is only a part of hydrosol use, this Peony, Lilac, and Rose Geranium trio has an exceptionally subtle scent. Great for those of you who are extremely scent sensitive, but may be disappointing if you are looking for fragrance. For stronger scent, I suggest trying lavender, lavandin, white cedar, holy basil, or fennel seed. This mix contains little to no volatile oils.
How to Use
- As a gentle skin tonic and toner to soothe inflamed skin. Apply as needed anytime through the day. As part of a regular skin care routine, apply after washing your face and and allow to absorb before moisturizing.
- As an aftershave to reduce inflammation.
- As a makeup setting spray.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball or pad to use a makeup remover and cleanser.
Peony petal (Paeonia) hydrosol, lilac flower (Syringa vulgaris) hydrosol, rose geranium (Pelargonium) hydrosol. All flowers were grown organically (without any sprays or chemicals whatsoever) in my garden in Ontario, Canada.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, and up to a year if kept refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.