Clary Sage Hydrosol
Regular price $18.00
Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass spray bottle.
Uplifting, yet soothing to the nerves, this floral water, made from the fresh flowering tops of clary sage, carries an intoxicating aroma that brings to mind the bergamot in a warm cup of Earl Grey tea.
Use as a facial toner and mild astringent to reduce oiliness and tighten pores, or whenever you need a gently calming touch. Clary sage has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties, making it useful during breakouts and to soothe inflamed, irritated skin. It is especially known as an herbal aid for women's hormonal imbalances -- spritz a little on the face and neck just before bed or when experiencing hot flashes, night sweats, or PMS symptoms.
How to Use
- As a room spray or in a diffuser.
- As a face, neck, or all-over-body skin tonic. Apply as needed anytime through the day. As part of a skin care routine, apply after washing your face and before moisturizing.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- As a makeup setting spray.
- As a gentle, subtle perfume that won't irritate those around you.
- As an aftershave to reduce inflammation.
- Mixed with water in a facial steam.
100% Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) hydrosol. Grown in an organic garden in Ontario, Canada. Made with fresh flowering tops.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.