Lemon Verbena Hydrosol
Regular price $18.00 USD
Lemon Verbena (Aloysia citrodora) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass spray bottle.
This is a sweet, fresh, and lemony hydrosol that carries the vibrance you've come to love from the fresh leaves of this herb. Spray it on the face or all over for an uplifting, yet relaxing and grounding after-bath skin toner.
How to Use
- As a face, neck, or all-over-body skin tonic and gentle toner. Saturate the skin to hydrate dry, dull, or inflamed skin. As part of a regular skin care routine, apply after washing your face and before moisturizing.
- As a calming mist.
- As an aftershave.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball to use a makeup remover and cleanser.
- As a room spray or in a diffuser.
- Safe to consume: spritz into a glass of water or add a splash to cocktails (with or without alcohol) for a lemony kick.
100% Lemon verbena (Aloysia citrodora) hydrosol. Flowers and leaves. The fresh, in-season lemon verbena used to create this hydrosol was grown in my garden (without sprays or chemicals of any kind) in Ontario, Canada.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.