Lemon Balm Hydrosol
Regular price $18.00 USD
Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass or plastic* spray bottle.
Sunshine in a bottle! Calming, but with an uplifting lemony scent, this powerful yet gentle herb is best known for its soothing affect on frayed and tired nerves. Lemon balm is also a pleasant antidote for sensitive, irritated skin that carries a gentle-acting anti-viral component. Mist your face or around the room to lighten your mood. Apply elsewhere on the body to quiet irritated skin, sunburns, rashes (including diaper rash), breakouts, and more.
How to Use
- As a face, neck, or all-over-body skin tonic. Apply as needed anytime through the day. As part of a skin care routine, apply after washing your face and before moisturizing.
- As a makeup setting spray.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball to use a makeup remover and cleanser.
- To relax and calm irritable, moody kids -- or yourself!
- As a room spray or in a diffuser.
100% Organic Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) hydrosol. Fresh flowers and leaves. The fresh, in-season lemon balm used to create this hydrosol was grown in my garden (without sprays or chemicals of any kind) in Ontario, Canada. Harvested and distilled at its peak.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.