Lavender (Lavandula anguvstifolia ‘Hidcote’) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass or plastic* spray bottle.
This is an exquisite, therapeutic floral water that is gentle, soothing, and beneficial for all skin types, even the very sensitive. It carries that characteristic, joyful, stress-melting lavender aroma: floral and sweet with a hint of honey. Like summer in a bottle!
Use it as a facial mist to calm irritated and damaged skin and reduce the redness of an inflamed pimple. Lavender hydrosol has countless other useful applications. I've listed a few more below.
How to Use
- As a face, neck, or all-over-body skin tonic and gentle toner. Apply as needed anytime through the day to hydrate dry skin. As part of a regular skin care routine, apply after washing your face and allow to absorb before moisturizing.
- As a makeup setting spray.
- As a gentle, subtle perfume that won't irritate those around you.
- As an aftershave to reduce inflammation.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball to use a makeup remover and cleanser.
- Mixed with water in a facial steam (try with headaches).
- As a room spray or in a diffuser. I spray this one on my pillow before bed to help induce and improve sleep.
- As a linen spray to repel moths or on your skin before heading into a buggy garden.
- To cleanse scrapes and cuts.
- To relax and calm irritable, moody kids -- or yourself! Use in the bath or spray nearby. Do not spray directly in a child's face.
- Great for dogs, too. Let your dog smell it and get their approval before using. Don't spray directly as many dogs are afraid of spray bottles. I spray into my hand or onto a brush first to apply to my dog's coat.
100% Organic Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) hydrosol. The fresh lavender flower spikes used to produce this hydrosol were grown on an organic farm in Niagara, Canada's special wine-grape microclimate.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.