Lavandin 'Grosso' Hydrosol
Regular price $18.00
Lavandin (Lavandula x intermedia ‘Grosso’) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass or plastic* spray bottle.
Lavandin is very similar to the lavender you are likely most familiar with, but with a scent that is more penetrating, grassy, and very lightly camphorish, with a bright, floral undertone. It's stronger, sharper aroma makes it a popular ingredient in French cosmetic products and perfumes. The flowers of this taller, hybrid plant carries all of the same therapeutic properties as the popular English varieties and the hydrosol can be used in all of the same ways.
Spray a little on pulse points for a relaxing perfume or on linens to prevent moths. Best suited to oily and combination skin.
How to Use
- As a face, neck, or all-over-body skin tonic and gentle toner. Apply as needed anytime through the day. As part of a regular skin care routine, apply after washing your face and before moisturizing.
- As a makeup setting spray.
- As a gentle, subtle perfume for those who are scent-sensitive.
- As an aftershave to reduce inflammation.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball to use a makeup remover and cleanser.
- Mixed with water in a facial steam (try with headaches).
- As a room spray or in a diffuser. Lightly mist your bedding before bed to help induce and improve sleep.
- As a linen spray to repel moths or on your skin before heading into a buggy garden.
- To cleanse scrapes and cuts.
- Add a little to the tub for a relaxing, aromatic bath.
100% Organic Lavandin (Lavandula x intermedia 'Grosso') hydrosol. The fresh lavender flower spikes used to produce this hydrosol were grown on an organic farm in Niagara, Canada's special wine-grape microclimate.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.