Fennel Seed Hydrosol
Regular price $18.00 USD
Fennel Seed (Foeniculum vulgare) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass or plastic* spray bottle.
If you love fennel or liquorice you'll love this hydrosol! It carries a strong liquorice kick with a lingering sweetness and makes a delicious toner for soothing and hydrating dry skin conditions. Also recommended to help relieve the sort of dry eye strain that comes from hours sitting in front of a monitor.
How to Use
- As a face, neck, or all-over-body skin tonic and gentle dry skin toner. Saturate the skin to hydrate dry, dull, or inflamed skin. As part of a regular skin care routine, apply after washing your face and before moisturizing.
- For eye strain (from computer use) and irritation: soak a cotton pad or ball and place over eyes for 5 to 10 minutes. Alternatively, close your eyes and spray the lids. Avoid getting hydrosol in your eyes!
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball to use a makeup remover and cleanser.
- Mixed with water in a facial steam. Try during cold and virus season.
- As a room spray or in a diffuser.
100% Organic Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) hydrosol. Made from freshly harvested green seedheads and some flowers. The plants used to create this hydrosol were grown organically (without any sprays whatsoever) in my garden in Ontario, Canada.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.