Mixed Mint Hydrosol
Regular price $18.00
Mixed Mint (Mentha spp.) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass or plastic* spray bottle.
This mixed mint hydrosol is a special co-distillate of four of my favourite mint varieties: Ginger, Curly, Moroccan, and Mojito. I wanted to create a water that has the freshness and invigorating quality of mint, but opted for warmer, sweeter varieties. The result is bright, floral, mentally uplifting, and delectably sweet. It's a wonderful morning and mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
Use it to cool heat: red and inflamed acne, itching and allergies, insect bites, and mild sunburns. It's even better when kept in the fridge! Spray the back of the neck when overheated, the temples to sooth tension headaches, and the eyes for lifting eye strain. Just don't spray INTO your eyes!
How to Use
- As a face, neck, or all-over-body skin tonic and gentle toner. Saturate the skin to hydrate dry, dull, or inflamed skin. As part of a regular skin care routine, apply after washing your face and before moisturizing.
- As an afternoon pick-me-up.
- As a cooling topical for heat-related conditions.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball to use a makeup remover and cleanser.
- Mixed with water in a facial steam. Try with congestion.
- As a room spray or in a diffuser.
100% Organic Mint (Mentha spp.) hydrosol. Fresh flowers and leaves. The fresh, in-season mint used to create this hydrosol was grown in my garden (without sprays or chemicals of any kind) in Ontario, Canada.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.