Regular price $18.00
Cucumber (Cucumis sativus) + Borage (Borago officinalis) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass or plastic* spray bottle.
Cool as a cucumber! I've married two soothing, cooling plants to create a hydrosol for reducing heat and calming redness. Fresh cucumber hydrosol is hydrating, tonifying and gentle enough for sensitive skin. It is the dominant plant in this mix and lends a strong and clean, familiar cucumber perfume (with no fake fragrances added. This is the real deal!) with a surprising, almost spicy undertone. I've added a little "Borage for courage!" This cheery, yet prickly plant is transformed by the distillation process to become a calming water with a gentle, cooling touch that also helps balance oiliness.
Store in the fridge for an extra burst of cool freshness that may be especially welcome first thing in the morning or on a hot summer's day.
How to Use
- As a face, neck, or all-over-body skin tonic and gentle toner. Apply as needed anytime through the day to hydrate dry skin. As part of a regular skin care routine, apply after washing your face and before moisturizing.
- As a makeup setting spray.
- As an aftershave to reduce inflammation and redness.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball or pad to use as a makeup remover and cleanser. Or use as an eyelid compress in the place of a cucumber slice.
100% Organic Cucumber (Cucumis sativus) + Borage (Borago officinalis) hydrosols. The whole, fresh cucumbers used to produced this hydrosol were sourced from a local, organic farm here in Ontario, Canada. The borage flowering tops were grown organically in my own garden and harvested at their peak.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.