Holy Basil Hydrosol
Regular price $18.00 USD
Holy Basil aka Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) Hydrosol
- 2 fl oz in glass or plastic* spray bottle.
The sweet and spicy aroma of holy basil is enlivening and uplifting, yet grounding. This is nothing like the basil used to make pesto. Instead, imagine vibrant cloves with a subtle burst of sweet, floral freshness. This is my favourite hydrosol to use as a facial spray first thing in the morning or when I need a little pick-me-up to get me through the late afternoon doldrums.
It is a wonderful mist to help clogged pores and has anti-inflammatory properties that calm blemished skin.
How to Use
- As a face, neck, or all-over-body skin tonic and gentle toner. Saturate the skin to hydrate dry, dull, or inflamed skin. As part of a regular skin care routine, apply after washing your face and before moisturizing.
- As an aftershave to reduce inflammation.
- In place of plain water to mix up a powdered or clay-based face mask.
- Soak a cotton ball to use a makeup remover and cleanser.
- Mixed with water in a facial steam. Try during cold and virus season.
- As a room spray or in a diffuser.
100% Organic Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) hydrosol. Flowers and leaves. The tulsi used to create this hydrosol was sourced from a local, organic farm here in Ontario, Canada.
All of my hydrosols are slow-distilled in very small batches using a hand-forged copper alembic. I use fresh plant materials that have been grown in my own garden (organic and without any sprays whatsoever) or locally sourced from other trusted growers and sites. This alchemical process is time-consuming, requiring exacting attention over the course of 1-3 hours. The result is a water that contains oils, acids, and phytochemicals of the plant that are not captured within herbal infusions or essential oil products.
Unlike many so-called hydrosols, I offer a whole product and do not separate out the oils, nor do I add alcohol or other preservatives. All bottles are refrigerated until they are shipped.
Keep your bottle in a cool, dark place. Best used within 6 months if stored on the shelf, possibly longer if refrigerated.
* Hydrosols can freeze during winter temperatures. Please be aware that to avoid breakage, we ship all hydrosols in plastic, rather than glass bottles when temperatures drop.
+ Unless otherwise indicated, all of the plants I use are safe. However, they can still cause allergies in some people. Do a patch test before using liberally. Avoid spraying into your eyes.
+ All info is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.